Top 5 Recommended Websites with Free Stock Photos for Your Blog or Social Media
Read this article and discover the best and top recommended websites with free stock photos for your blog or social media!
Looking for a list of helpful resources for making your personal blog or Facebook feed looks great at no cost? Look no further as you have come to the right place! In this article, we are going to present you the 5 websites with free stock photos for your blog or social media accounts!
Finding a reliable and free photography site that offers stock photos is not the easiest thing in the world. If you are using a paid image repository such as Shutterstock or iStockphoto, your responsibilities, options, and rights are pretty clear - you pay to use the photo and no additional attribution is required. However, if you want to choose the free route - it can be a little bit confusing, especially when you don’t know whether or not you are allowed to use the photos or if any attribution is required.
Here are the best 5 sites with free stock photos you can use for your personal blog or social media account. The best part is that all of these websites offer images under the Public Domain or the CCO license or Creative Commons Zero license, meaning no attribution link is required.
If you are not familiar with the important copyright categories, here is a short overview of the 3 main types:
- Public Domain - Images in the public domain are images whose copyrights have expired. These photos are free for personal or commercial use. However, bear in mind that if you are using a photo of a recognizable person, you may need to get his permission to use the image.
- Royalty Free Images - When photos are offered royalty-free, it means that the buyer pays a fee and can then use the photo without paying additional licensing or royalties fees. It also means that the buyer doesn’t have to give attribution.
- Creative Commons - The professional photographers who license their photos under CC or Creative Commons can choose how their photos will be used by specifying a specific CC license.
Please keep in mind that the websites we are going to present you are either public domain or creative commons and they don’t require attribution. However, before using photos from these sites it is highly recommendable to check if you are allowed to use the photos for free. It is better if you check and be completely sure that you can use the photo for personal or commercial projects.
If you want an image on a specific topic, you probably want a website that is searchable and easy to use. We are going to present you the best ones:
- Dreamstime - This website offers a free section that is frequently updated and searchable at the same time. All you need to do is create a free account and you can use the photos available.
- Free Digital Photos - A great platform that offers free images - categorized and suitable for personal, business, and educational use.
- Free Images - This is a pretty large gallery of more than 350.000 stock photos, categorized and searchable. Even though downloading a photo does require more than a simple signup process, it is definitely worth it to visit this site.
- Free Range Stock - This website offers access to high-resolution and high-quality photos. A registration is required.
- Free Photos Bank - A very popular website that has a nice collection of free images available for download without an account or login. The photos are categorized with various ways to search.
Hopefully, by listing these websites, we made the process of searching a stock website a little bit easier for you!
This issue might be one of the toughest questions when selecting free images for commercial use. When posting content either on your website or in your social pages, pictures and images become an essential part. Content with images is a source of high traffic and better search engine ranking. Moreover,…
If your dream is to become an internationally recognized photographer or you are in the professional photography business in this era, the biggest mistake is failing to run a website. For you to attract more customers, you need to showcase your work. As you know, you cannot convince people you…